Jerlando F. L. Jackson
Vilas Distinguished Professor, Department Chair
366 Education Building
- Jackson, J. F. L., Charleston, L. J., & Gilbert, C. (2017) Advancing equity and diversity in student affairs: A Festschrift in honor of Melvin C. Terrell Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Jackson, J. F. L., Charleston, L. J., Lewis, C. W., & Gilbert, J. E. (2017) Arizona's rising STEM occupational demands and declining participation in the scientific workforce: An examination of attitudes among African Americans toward STEM college majors and careers. Texas Education Review, 5(2), 91-111.
- Jackson, J. F. L., O'Callaghan, E. M., & Leon, R. A. (2014) Measuring glass ceiling effects in higher education: Opportunities and challenges New Directions for Institutional Research Jossey-Bass Press.
- Jackson, J. F. L., Charleston, L. J., Gilbert, J. E., & Seals, C. (2013) Changing attitudes about computing science at historically black colleges and universities: Benefits of an intervention program designed for undergraduates Journal of African American Studies, 17, 162-173.
- Jackson, J. F. L., & O'Callaghan, E. M. (2011) Understanding employment disparities using glass ceiling effects criteria: An examination of race/ethnicity and senior-level position attainment across the academic workforce Journal of the Professoriate, 5(2), 67-99.
- Jackson, J. F. L. (2010) Enlarging our understanding of glass ceiling effects with social closure theory in higher education Higher Education: Handbook of theory and research, 25, 351-379. London/New York: Springer.
- Jackson, J. F. L., & O'Callaghan, E. M. (2009) What do we know about glass ceiling effects? A taxonomy and critical review to inform higher education research Research in Higher Education, 50(460-482)
- Jackson, J. F. L., & O'Callaghan, E. M. (2008) How diverse has computer science faculty become during the past decade (1993-2004)? IEEE Computer, 41, 104-107.
- Jackson, J. F. L. (2008) Race segregation across the academic workforce: Exploring factors that may contribute to the disparate representation of African American men American Behavioral Scientist, 51, 1004-1029.
- Jackson, J. F. L. (2004) Toward a business model of executive behavior: An exploration of the workdays of four college of education deans at large research universities The Review of Higher Education, 27(3), 409-427.
- Jackson, J. F. L., Wolf-Wendel, L., & Martinez-Aleman, A. M., Association for the Study of Higher Education, "Academic Leadership Pathways: A Conversation with Academic" (2019)
- Jackson, J. F. L., Exploring Education Disparities in the State of Wisconsin: Catalyzing Opportunities for Engaged Scholarship, "Disrupting Educational Disparities, Segregation, and Mass Incarceration: Hidden Battle Grounds for Black Males" (2019)
- Jackson, J. F. L., Harvard Institutes, "Seminar on the Leadership of Faculty" (2019), Cambridge, MA
- Jackson, J. F. L., People of Nia Commencement Ceremony, "Alma (or Neglegentia) Mater: The Black Collegiate Experience" (2019), Iowa State University
- Jackson, J. F. L., American Educational Research Association, "Developing While Avoiding Pitfalls in Managing Educational Research Centers and Programs" (2019), Toronto, Canada
- Jackson, J. F. L., Byars-Winston, A., Diamond, J., & Dixson, A. D., Legacy Conference honoring Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings, "Balancing the Politics of Race in Higher Education" (2019), UW Madison
- Jackson, J. F. L., Committee on the Science of Effective Mentoring in STEMM, "Making Evidence-Based Networks through Online Resources" (2019), Nasheville, TN
- Jackson, J. F. L., & Charleston, L., ASHE General Conference, "African American Males’ Attitudes Toward the Scientific Workforce: Implications for Educational and Occupational Decision Making Toward STEM" (2018)
- Jackson, J. F. L., Lewis, C., Charleston, L., & Watson, J., International Conference on Urban Education, "Navigating Possibilities: African American Males, The Workforce, and the New Millennial" (2018), Nassau, Bahamas
- Jackson, J. F. L., Tapia Conference, "Schedule iAAMCS Guidelines for Succesfully Mentoring Black/African-American Computing Sciences Ph.D. Students" (2018), Orlando, FL
Awards and Honors
- 200 Most Influential Education Scholar, Education Week, 2018
- Mildred Garcia Award for Exemplary Scholarship, Council for Ethnic Participation, Association for the Study of Higher Education, 2018
- Nine Distinguished Educators that Are Making a Mark, Diverse Issues in Higher Education, 2018
- Alumni Achievement Award, College of Human Sciences, Iowa State University, 2018
- Michael G. Morris Endowed Chair (Visiting Position), College of Education, Eastern Michigan University, 2014
- Brown Award for Excellence in Higher Education and Community Service, Charles Hamilton Houston Institute, 2014
- Carlos J. Vallejo Memorial Award for Exemplary Scholarship, Multicultural/Multiethnic Education Special Interest Group, American Educational Research Association, 2014
- Outstanding Young Professional, Alumni Association, Iowa State University, 2014
- Distinguished Scholar Award, Committee on Scholars of Color, American Educational Research Association, 2014
- Junior Scholar Award, Association for the Study of Higher Education's Council on Ethnic Participation (CEP), 2006