Specialist Paper and Final Oral Examination
The department has established the following criteria as guidelines for the specialist paper:
- The specialist paper should be derived from a current, practical problem which is researchable and limited in scope.
- The specialist paper should have the approval, cooperation, or collaboration of the governing board or administration of an educational institution when appropriate.
- The specialist paper should utilize applied, market, or policy research.
- The specialist paper should result in recommendations for action.
- The design and methodology for the specialist paper will be developed by the student and major professor and reviewed and approved by a three-person faculty committee which will also conduct the oral examination on the completed specialist paper.